Last night I had the chance to sit down with David Onley on his HomePage show to talk about EnergizeIT. There is still time to register if you want to come to the event – details after the video.
Note: They have the wrong name on their page right now and I'm working on getting that fixed.
Video: Barnaby Jeans on David Onley's Homepage Show on CP24
If you are a geek of any sort and you are going to be in Toronto on Saturday June 16th then you should plan to check out EnergizeIT 2007.
This is the second year that my team at Microsoft has put on this event and it looks like it is going to be a great event again this year.
The focus of the event is innovation, technology, community, and learning. We have keynote speakers from Microsoft Corp including Andre Mintz and Bryon Surace, as well as the President of Microsoft Canada handing out some community awards.
Regardless of whether you are an IT Pro, Developer, Student, Hobbyist, Technology Enthusiast, or just plain Geek, there is likely to be something at EnergizeIT to keep you interested. The full agenda is available online at: http://www.energizeit.ca
Other discussion online:
Canadian IT Pro Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/canitpro/archive/tags/EnergizeIT/default.aspx
Canadian Developers Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/cdndevs/archive/tags/EnergizeIT/default.aspx
Mark Relph's Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/mark_relph/archive/2007/05/04/awesome-event-watch-energizeit-2007.aspx
David Crow's Blog: http://davidcrow.ca/article/1554/energizeit-june-16-2007
Facebook.com: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2300289760 and http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2352141587
I've spent the last couple of days at MESH and listened to some great sessions and conversations on a variety of topics. One of the recurring themes that came up from some of the audience who were new to blogging was the question of a WYSIWYG editor to post to your blog. Well yesterday the Windows Live Writer team release Beta 2 of their product. If you have a blog and are looking for a tool to simply posting check out: http://writer.live.com.
The actual blog post announcing this is at: Writer Zone: Windows Live Writer Beta 2 Now Available
I’ve just finished reading an article talking about the latest round of partners stepping up to develop plug-ins or add-ons to Windows Home Server. For those of you who haven’t don’t know what I’m talking about – Windows Home Server helps families with more than one PC easily centralize, share and protect their digital pictures, music, documents and videos. To put it more simply – this is the box that is going to sit in the closet/basement/under the stairs/somewhere out of the way and greatly simplify the in home experience.
“Digital devices and digital media are now an essential part of so many aspects of our lives, and their importance continues to grow,” Bill Gates, WinHEC 2007
Here is a list of the partners that were mentioned:
- Diskeeper Corp.’s Diskeeper 2007 software will support Windows Home Server to enhance system speed and reliability.
- Embedded Automation Inc.’s mControl software will integrate with Windows Home Server to help consumers manage home lighting systems, security cameras, climate control, and audio and visual components.
- F-Secure Corp. software will interoperate with Windows Home Server to help protect consumers against computer viruses and other threats from the Internet and mobile networks.
- Iron Mountain will integrate its data protection services with Windows Home Server.
- Lagotek Corp.’s Home Intelligence Platform for home automation will support Windows Home Server.
- PacketVideo Corp.’s PacketVideo Connect will enable DLNA 1.0-certified, DLNA 1.5-compliant and universal plug-and-play media streaming from Windows Home Server to a variety of entertainment devices in the home.
- Riptopia CD loading service for Windows Home Server will convert and load a customer’s entire CD collection for storage and protection on Windows Home Server.
- SageTV media server software for Windows Home Server provides a complete, “always on” digital entertainment experience for the enjoyment of personal media and online content on any TV or PC screen, at home or away, with SageTV Placeshifter software.
All I can say is WOW – this is truly going to change the digital lifestyle experience.
At the same time we announced the new partners, we also announced a new challenge called Windows Home Server Code2Fame with Cash prizes of up to $10,000. Take a look at http://www.microsoft.com/windowshomeserver/challenge for more information.
The guys over at on10.net as well as channel9 are also talking about Home Server.
If you want to follow the latest news about Windows Home Server check out their blog: http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver and more specifically their links to the actual press release http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/archive/2007/05/15/winhec-billg-home-server-partners-and-jade.aspx.